All animals and plants change as they grow and mature. Some babies look like their grown up but some go through a complete metamorphosis. Children will learn about the life cycles of animals and plants through hands on activities, books and crafts. All activities are aligned to Colorado Academic Standards. Activities are child led but require adult supervision for set up and during the activities. InvestiCrates include lesson plans for each activity and include extension activities for further exploration.
This Is Your Life Cycle Book
Life Cycle Sort Sort
Life Cycle Puzzles
Act Out the Butterfly’s Life Cycle & Song
Loose Parts Butterfly Life Cycle Craft
Sprout a Bean Seed
***Activities in Grow As We Grow are designed for children ages 3-8. Children younger or older may still enjoy the activities but younger children may need more support for activities.
InvestiCrate: Grow As We Grow
- Kit rentals are for four days from Thursday mornings to Sunday afternoon.
- Payment is due before or at time of picked up.
- Kits can be picked up and returned at the Museum, 2565 Airport Road.
- Kits must be returned the following Sunday by 4:00pm.
- There will be a $30 per day late fee for each additional day beyond the return day.
- We expect our kits to be used with respect and to have all materials returned to us properly and in good condition. If the kit is damaged, lost or missing pieces, a minimum $100 replacement fee will be charged.
- Please review the Terms & Conditions before purchase.
- A Rental Policy (located in the Terms & Conditions) must be signed and returned to PPCM prior to picking up the kit.
- All InvestiCrates and contents are cleaned with Chlorox Wipes between rentals.
P.2.1 Recognize that living things have unique characteristics and basic needs that can be observed and studied
P.2.2. Recognize that living things develop in predictable patterns.
1.2.2. Young organisms are very much, but not exactly, like their parents, and also resemble other organisms of the same kind.
3.2.1. Organisms have unique and diverse life cycles.
Reading, Writing, and Communication
P.2.1. Children understand and obtain meaning from stories and information from books and other texts.