Can play doh conduct electricity? How do those light up birthday cards work? Children will learn about electrical circuits through hands on activities, books and crafts. All activities are aligned to Colorado Academic Standards. Activities are child led but require adult supervision for set up and during the activities. InvestiCrates include lesson plans for each activity and include extension activities for further exploration.
Switch On, Switch Off Book and Activity
Squishy Dough Circuits
Light Up Card
Make Your Own Quizboard
***Activities in Circuits are designed for children ages 6-12. Children younger or older may still enjoy the activities but younger children may need more support for activities.
- Kit rentals are for four days from Thursday mornings to Sunday afternoon.
- Payment is due before or at time of picked up.
- Kits can be picked up and returned at the Museum, 2565 Airport Road.
- Kits must be returned the following Sunday by 4:00pm.
- There will be a $30 per day late fee for each additional day beyond the return day.
- We expect our kits to be used with respect and to have all materials returned to us properly and in good condition. If the kit is damaged, lost or missing pieces, a minimum $100 replacement fee will be charged.
- Please review Terms & Conditions before purchase.
- A Rental Policy (located in the Terms & Conditions) must be signed and returned to PPCM prior to picking up the kit.
- All InvestiCrates and contents are cleaned with Chlorox Wipes between rentals.
3.1.2. Objects in contact exert forces on each other; electric and magnetic forces between a pair of objects do not require contact.
4.1.2. Energy can be moved from place to place.
4.1.4. Energy can be produced, used or released by converting stored energy.
4.3.4. Energy and fuels that humans use are derived from natural sources and their use affects the environment in multiple ways.
5.1.1. Matter exists as particles that are too small to be seen; measurements of a variety of observable properties can be used to identify particular materials.