Book Your In-School Field Trip Today!
To request the Pikes Peak Children's Museum to come to your classroom, church, daycare, organization, or scout meeting, please complete the form above and a member of our staff will contact you shortly. We provide hands-on lessons presented in your classroom based upon a STEAM curriculum for students Preschool through 5th grade. It is a fantastic way to bring the Pikes Peak Children’s Museum resources to your classroom. Each program can be adapted to meet grade requirements according to the New 2020 Colorado Academic Standards.
We offer the following programs that run approximately 60 minutes. Each program is $100 per class and accommodates a maximum of 30 students. Discounts are available if you book more than one classroom/day and for Title 1 schools. More details upon request. A full payment must be received by or on the day of the program. Program availability dependent upon staff and resource availability.
1. Grow as We Grow – Students explore the life cycles of familiar wildlife and understand that living things grow and change.
2. Show Me the Energy - Students learn that plants need water and sun to grow, and that animals get the food they need from plants and other animals.
*PPCM staff have ensured that these programs are developmental appropriate for preschool. The other programs listed below are not appropriate for this age; therefore we reserve the right not to conduct those programs for children who have not yet attended kindergarten.
K-5th Grade Options
1. Hiding in Plain Sight – Students learn about camouflage and other important adaptations that wild animals need to survive.
2. Grow as We Grow – Students explore the life cycles of familiar wildlife and understand that living things grow and change.
3. Bird Beak Buffet* – Students learn about adaptation through the study of various bird beaks and how each carry out special functions to help birds get food.
4. Show Me the Energy* - Students learn that plants need water and sun to grow, and that animals get the food they need from plants and other animals.
5. Home Sweet Home - Students learn about different habitats and why certain animals choose to live in them.
6. What is Matter? – Students will work in cooperative groups and demonstrate knowledge of the 3 states of matter (solid, liquid, gas) as well as physical changes that might occur to these states under heat or cold. This program utilizes latex balloons, please inform us when booking if your school has a latex policy or you have a student with a latex allergy.
*Teachers can add on a 20 minute owl pellet dissection lab to either the Show me the Energy! or Bird Beak Buffet programs for an additional $3 per student.